Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on Summer's Beagle Puppies


Pixie (formerly, "Pink girl")
Echo (formerly, "Purple girl")



















Hello everyone!

Here is to wishing that this post finds you and your families all doing well!  I thought I would take a few minutes to check in and let you know how things are going here at Westside Beagles.  I also wanted to  inquire as to how each of your puppies are doing, as I've thought of them often!  I truly hope those adorable babies I sent to new homes were perfect matches and that you have found them to be happy, healthy, and joyful additions to your families (despite the inevitable frustrations that also come along with having a new puppy in the house)!

As some of you may know, I had spinal surgery to repair a herniated disc in my neck shortly after most of you took puppies home.  The surgery was a success and I'm pleased to have finally returned to work at Peach Grove Animal Hospital after 3 months of healing.  I have continued to take classes in Veterinary Technology at Brown Mackie University and find that I really enjoy everything I am learning.

As for our puppies, if you'll recall, the two we chose to keep were pink girl and purple girl.  We have since named these cutie pies Pixie and Echo, respectively, and they are healthy and thriving bundles of energy.  Dave and I really enjoy taking them on hikes around the property, but the puppies LOVE it!  They are fearless, checking everything out, even climbing logs and getting into brush piles to check out all of the smells.  We have discovered that their sniffers work more than just fine, as they are pros at finding every single pile of deer or rabbit scat around!  We are frequently telling the girls to "leave it" and for the most part, they mind pretty well, despite the unfathomable attraction they have to eating all things poopy.  When they are not eating poop, the puppies play with sticks and pine cones, run around like madwomen, wrestle and tumble, and just....bounce!  Really, they wear us out!  Despite this, we find ourselves making plans for another litter in the near future.

Pixie, Echo, & mama Summer

As some of you may know, last summer Dave and I  had originally planned on having puppies out of our female, Rogue.  Unfortunately, she had a resorbed pregnancy, and we had to make other breeding plans.  That is when we selected Summer and Bruce to whelp a litter - this is the litter your puppies came from.  We still hoped to have another litter out of Rogue, so when she recently came into heat, we decided to try again.  We bred her to our tan and white male, Potter, so once again, we are looking forward to puppies.  Cross your fingers for us!

Rogue

Potter

So there is the update!  Hope you enjoy comparing the pictures of Pixie and Echo to the littermates in each of your homes.  If you would like me to share pictures of your puppies and updates on their progress on this blog, feel free to send me something to post.  Otherwise, I'd love to hear from each of you anyways, as I really want to know how the puppies are doing.  Please keep in mind that part of my responsibility as a breeder is to continue to be a resource to you throughout your dog's lifetime, so feel free to contact me if you ever have questions, comments, or concerns.

Warmest regards to all of you!
Barb

No comments: