Monday, September 19, 2011

I've said it once and I'll say it again... these puppies are sooo stinkin' cute!



Hi Everyone,

I finally sorted through my ten zillion pictures of puppies to try to select a few to share with all of you.  I keep being compelled to take picture after picture, all the while explaining to Dave that I can't help myself - the puppies are just too stinkin' cute! 

Not only are the puppies beautiful, but they continue to grow and change in leaps and bounds daily.  They seem to be ahead of schedule as compared to our previous puppies, frequently doing things several days to a week in advance of our expectations.  For example, this past Thursday, when the puppies turned 3 weeks old, I found Purple girl and Dark green boy sticking their heads in Summer's food bowl and gumming on hard kibble!  Partly to deter them and partly to see what would happen, I soaked some puppy chow in water, mushed it up, and put it down on the ground.  Next thing I knew, all of the puppies are clamoring over one another to get to the food.  Normally we don't start offering softened puppy chow made into a gruel until our puppies are 4 weeks old - and even then, it usually takes the puppies a little bit to figure out how to eat the gruel.  Not these puppies - they went to town!

So in case you were wondering, the puppies are still indoors with us.  With the temperature dropping a little lower at night than we were expecting, we decided to keep them inside just a little bit longer, as puppies start to become much better at regulating their body temperatures beyond 3 weeks of age.  We plan to test out our hard cover heating pads to make sure they are working properly so we can make sure the puppies stay warm enough at night and will wait until Thursday to get them set up in the kennel.  This will give them a couple of days to get acclimated to the kennel before those of you who wish to visit come out to meet them.  If you would like to pay a visit, please make sure to give me a call so we can set up a time for you to come out.

Well everyone, it is starting to get late and I still need to post pictures to this blog entry as well, so I'm going to sign off here.  As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns and I will continue to stay in touch!  Enjoy the pictures!

Barb



No comments: