Monday, August 27, 2012

Bagel Bailey's Puppies

Blue boy and Yellow girl snuggle in the lap of our neighbor, Savannah.

Hi Everyone!

So once again, I'm writing with my weekly update on Bagel Bailey and her puppies.  When I last wrote, Orange boy had me worried over a case of puppy strangles.  Luckily, we caught things early and he has responded well to a course of steroids and antibiotics, coupled with some TLC living indoors with us.  The swelling has completely gone down in his neck and he's doing great.  All the rest of the puppies continue to show no signs of developing this condition and we are keeping our fingers crossed that things stay that way.

Additionally, when I last wrote, I had also hoped to get pictures posted to share with all of you, but I must apologize for not following through on this.  It seems my camera has gone MIA.  I know it is somewhere in my condo and while I kept assuming it would eventually turn up, so far this has not been the case.  As a result, I had to start taking pictures with my iphone, but then I couldn't get my computer to recognize my cell phone so that I could download the pictures I took.   Now, the only way I can figure out to get pictures to my computer so that I can share them is to email them to myself one at a time from my phone, which is a little slow going.  It's been a long time coming, but I finally. finally have at least SOME pictures to share with all of you!

Given that everyone is always eager to see pictures, I'm guessing you are wanting to know what the little puppies are looking like.  There now can be no doubt that these little ones are of mixed parentage.  I mentioned last week that several of the puppies seemed a little fluffy and that continues to be the case.  The girls in particular seem to have finer, longer hair.  I don't have the slightest idea what their daddy was, but I have to say that fluffy beagle puppies sure are CUTE!

Blue boy looks like he just woke up!

Look at that face!  Green boy is one handsome puppy!

One of the few pics I actually got of Green girl not wrestling!

Look at that pose! Orange boy is my little buddy!

Mostly white, Orange girl is one showy little girl!

Pink girl almost looks like a mini Bernese Mountain Dog right now!

Yellow boy has perfect beagle markings!

Yellow girl is still the smallest and in my opinion, the prettiest!


So now that you've seen what they look like, I'll bet you'd like to know how Bagel's babies are doing and what they are up to, so here are the details.  The babies are getting sooooo big!  Right now they weigh about 3½ pounds.  They are increasingly steady on their feet, which means they can really get around now, though they still have a tendency to wobble!  Yellow boy actually panicked me last night by making it out of my eyesight.  I kept counting puppies and only coming up with seven, so I started frantically searching for him.  I finally found him wandering just around the corner of the garage, which was further than I'd have expected one of the puppies to get, especially at just 4 weeks old, but then puppies never fail to surprise me.

Speaking of being 4 weeks old, at this age at we usually start offering our puppies a gruel of water soaked puppy chow made into a mush.  At about 3½ weeks of age, Bagel's puppies started sticking their noses in mom's food bowl and mouthing on the kibbles.  We took this as an indicator that they were definitely ready to start in on gruel - and given that the puppies "killed it", to quote my husband, I'd say this was an accurate assessment.  Little puppies are now snacking somewhere other than just the mommy bar, which means Bagel gets at least a little break from nursing!

Speaking of food, Orange boy is bossing me and telling me it is time for his next feeding!  Before I go to feed my little buddy, here are a few more pictures for you to enjoy!

Blue boy and Green girl prepare to wrestle - mostly they just bite each others faces right now!

Orange boy

Orange girl

Pink girl



 
Green boy

Orange girl

Yellow boy

And now to really make you smile...

Orange girl

No comments: